The ELIXIR Training Platform, in collaboration with ELIXIR-IT, is pleased to announce a Train the Trainer (TtT) event online.
Course date: 01-04 December, 2020, 14:00 - 17:30 CET
We will accept a maximum of 20 participants. Priority will be given to candidates from ELIXIR-IT institutes (see below) and ELIXIR nodes. Notifications of acceptance will be sent shortly after the application, which will remain open until we reach 20 participants.
There is no course attendance fee.
Loredana Le Pera (ELIXIR-IT Deputy Training Coordinator, IBIOM/IBPM-CNR, IT)
Jessica Lindvall (ELIXIR-SE Training Coordinator, NBIS, SE)
Patricia Palagi (ELIXIR-CH Training Coordinator, SIB, CH)
Allegra Via (ELIXIR-IT Training Coordinator, IBPM-CNR, IT)
Allegra Via, IBPM-CNR, ELIXIR-IT, IT
Loredana Le Pera, IBIOM/IBPM-CNR, ELIXIR-IT, IT
For all kinds of queries, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Description - Course materials
The course is made up of four sessions, covering:
- Learning principles and how they apply to training and teaching
- Lesson, course, and materials design
- Teaching techniques that can be used to enhance learner engagement and participation
- Assessment and feedback in training and teaching
Whoever is interested in becoming a teacher or a better one. If you have questions like the following ones, this course may be very helpful to you.
- How learning works?
- How can I use learning principles and theories to improve my teaching?
- How can I make my teaching more engaging and effective?
- How should I adjust my teaching to different types of learners?
- How can I help slow learners?
- How can I assess whether my students are actually understanding my lessons? Are they actually learning?
- What is the best balance between theory and practice?
- How can I best assess whether learning is occurring and/or has occurred?
- What works in a classroom and what doesn’t?
- How can I become a better teacher?
- To get acquainted with Learning principles and how they apply to training
- To be able to select and utilise training techniques that can be used to enhance learner engagement and participation
- To learn how to use assessment and feedback in training
- To learn about session, course, and materials design
- Learners can name learning principles that a good teacher/instructor should have in mind
- Learners can describe at least three training techniques, drawing on learning principles
- Learners can design a training session and a course
- Learners can develop assessment questionnaires
- Learners can enumerate types of materials needed for each part of a training session or course
|14:00 - 14:30||Introductions, who is who and what we need to achieve|
|14:30 - 17:30||[Session 1]: Review of learning principles and how they apply to training and teaching|
|14:00 - 17:30||[Session 2]: Session, course, and material design|
|14:00 - 17:30||[Session 3]: Training techniques that can be used to enhance learner engagement and participation|
|14:00 - 17:00||[Session 4]: Assessment and feedback in training|
|17:00 - 17:30||Wrap-up and feedback|
ELIXIR-IT member institutes
- CNR, National Research Council (Lead Institute)
- Edmund Mach Foundation, Trento
- Fondazione Telethon
- Istituto Superiore di Sanità (ISS)
- Stazione Zoologica Anton Dohrn, Napoli
- University of Roma "Sapienza"
- University of Bari
- University of Bologna
- University of Firenze
- University of Milano
- University of Milano Bicocca
- University of Napoli
- University of Padova
- University of Parma
- University of Roma "Tor Vergata"
- University of Salerno
- University of Torino
- University of Tuscia